Bitte aktivieren Sie in Ihrem Browser Cookies
Laden Sie bitte anschließend die Seite neu.
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
For our operations in India/New Delhi, we are looking for an
Intern (m/f) at Indo-German Energy Forum (IGEF) Support OfficeJOB-ID: 31119
Field of activity
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an enterprise owned by the German Government. GIZ implements sustainable development through international cooperation, on behalf of Germany and other partners. With a global footprint in over 130 countries, GIZ leverages its regional and technical expertise for local innovation.
GIZ India has a team of over 300 staff. To address India's need for sustainable and inclusive growth, in partnership with stakeholders, GIZ’s key focal areas are:
- Energy (renewable energy and energy efficiency), Mitigation of greenhouse gas emissions
- Environment (sustainable urban and industrial development, natural resource management, climate change adaptation, biodiversity)
- Sustainable economic development (rural finance, social security systems, small and medium enterprises)
- Skill development
To enhance and deepen the dialogue about relevant energy issues, the German Chancellor and the Indian Prime Minister established the Indo-German Energy Forum (IGEF) in 2006. The IGEF, aims at initiating strategic cooperation projects between German and Indian governments, institutions and the private sector with focus on the market for energy efficiency and renewable energy.
As an intern you will work for the Support Office (SO), which has been established to provide liaison services for all stakeholders identifying possible topics for the IGEF dialogue and supporting the private sector engagement. It serves as a first point of contact for both the Indian and German governments as well as for the companies seeking to get involved in the process.
The objectives of the FORUM are achieved through the following:
- Providing a platform for regular political dialogue meetings
- Cooperation through specific activities such as trainings, study tours, studies, workshops and conferences
- Private Sector Cooperation
- Assist the Director of IGEF in planning and organizing IGEF events
- Communication with project partners in India and Germany
- Preparing the Terms of Reference for studies
- Support the team in the implementation of a communication strategy for the project
- Draft news items and press releases for events and activities
- Support in conducting research, website updates and dissemination of information, including contribution to the IGEF newsletter
- Assists in implementing project activities related to Energy efficiency and Renewable Energy by providing inputs to reports, briefings and background papers
- Final year Bachelor's/Master's students of Energy Engineering/ Environmental Sciences/ Economics /Journalism/ Project-/Event-Management or students who have completed graduation or higher studies not more than 6 months ago
- Perfect command of German and English language
- Good research and writing/editing skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in an intercultural organisation
- Excellent MS-Office skills
- Strong organisational skills
- First long-term experience in GIZ partner countries is an advantage
- Job related professional experience in the field of energy or project/event management is preferred
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 15 June 2017..